Why should I have my air ducts cleaned?
- Air ducts naturally accumulate sizeable deposits of dust and other contaminants over a period of years.
- Dirt deposits can reduce the efficiency of your heating and air conditioning system and even cause physical discomfort and illness by degrading the quality of air you breathe indoors.
- Dirt deposits in your air ducts actually act as food for organisms such as dust mites.
Contaminates build up inside the return ductwork. Traditional heating and cooling systems recirculate the air in a home via supply air ducts and return air ducts. Many homes have inefficient filters, which trap less than 10 percent of the particulate that is circulated in the system. If not trapped by the systems air filter, the particulate accumulates in the duct work and on the internal components of your furnace or fan coil.
Cleaning your duct work eliminates these contaminates with the following benefits:
- Safeguard your health by eliminating potential causes of allergies and respiratory problems.
- Eliminate the dirt that acts as food for dust mites, bacteria, mold and other micro organisms.